Tuesday, May 14

Vintage Cupcake Anyone?

I was asked to create a series of vintage cupcakes which would be display at the Grand Wedding Show 2013.   I came up with 2 themes with 3 cupcakes in each series.  The first theme was inspired by a vintage china plate I have in my studio.  I just love the gorgeous teal/blue with the simple white painted floral pattern and really wanted to capture this in the cupcakes.


Series One | Vintage China




I love love love the white against the teal/blue!! 


My next series of cupcakes I decided to feature lace and really loved using my sugarveil to get the gorgeous lace imprint.  I decided on a mixture roses and blossoms in a very soft mint with soft pinks and lavender. 


Series Two | I Dream of Cupcake





When I dream of cupcakes I dream of cupcakes like these :)



10 comments:

  1. Those are some of the most beautiful cupcakes ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa, I was wondering if you'd be kind enough to share where you got your lace mats from? I love the one in blue with lilac and pink flowers on but can't find it anywhere. Hoping you can help and thanks for your gorgeous tutotials, am going to try both flowers at the weekend. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow , here for the first time and you are having a mind blowing collection , I am your new follower. Kindly visit my blog too in your free time at birthday cakes nagpur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Couldn't' have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remarkable Blog Posts!! Great work Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs every day.
    Do you also check our article that has provide useful information.
    In this website will provide useful knowledge about health.
    How to relieve chest tightness
    Health sites that allow guest bloggers

    ReplyDelete